- Won 1st prize in the University of Ottawa "Graduate studies and Research Day" poster presentation in the category Electrical Engineering
- Paper presentation at the 11th International conference on Nanotechnology (IEEE Nano 2011), Portland, USA.
- US Patent approved
- Finalist at the Onatro Centres of Excellence (OCE) "Martin Walmsley Fellowship".
- Received Entrepreneurship and Innovation Ottawa Corp."EIOC Innovation Award". This is the third award to be given out under EIOC's partnership with OCRI's E2 entrepreneurial training program.
- Nominated for Best Thesis Award
- SITE graduate students runners-up at the 2008 Technology Venture Challenge. Students Majid Nagi and Altaf Khetani took one of two runner-up prizes of $5,000 for Spectra Glucose Check, meant to replace the painful and invasive glucose monitoring methods employed by millions of diabetics worldwide. Developed from Raman spectroscopy, the students' product promises to reduce biohazard risks associated with conventional glucose testing, while cutting user costs in half.
- Members of Ottawa OSA community come up with startup (More...)
- SITE graduate student Altaf Khetani won second prize at Ontario Centres of Excellence "Discovery 2008" for his Oral Presentation.
- SITE graduate students win first and third prize in the Graduate Fellowships in the Faculty of Engineering's Entrepreneurship and Innovation (GFEI) competition: Altaf Khetani, Masters student, won first prize (15k) for his work on Heparin monitoring while Majid Naji, PhD student, won third place prize for his glucose monitoring work. Both students are working under the supervision of Prof. Hanan Anis. link
- Paper Presentation at SPIE Photonics West 2008, San Jose, USA